Saturday, February 19, 2011

For the love of Books

My friends can attest to the fact that I am not an avid book reader. I can count on two hands the number of novels I've read in my adult life. My creative mind gets easily distracted, always with a plethora of ideas and projects I could be tackling. Despite my lack of interest in heavy reading, however, I am paradoxically in love with books. Old old books. The older, the better. Case in point.........this sublime collection of Mark Twain limp leather books from 1917. Twenty-six of them to be exact. An abfab estate sale find. The look and smell of old leather books is Nirvana to me, and there's something about being wrapped in a room full of them that inspires my creativity. Go figure.......



P.S. Perhaps if I'd actually read each of these books, I would've noticed the copyright dates range from 1897 to 1918, which I assume means the reader waited, with great anticipation, for each title's printing.


1 comment:

  1. what a terrific find!!! As you know I LOVE books and you are so right, there is NOTHING like the smell of them....* sigh*

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...